Incorporated and expanded in 2009 to realize the internationalization strategy of Kookmin University, the Institute of International Education contributes substantially to the improvement of cultural diversity of Kookmin University by developing various education programs for foreigners and local students.
The Institute of International Education consists of three Educational Centers.
- Korean Language Center : Development of Korean Language Program(KMU-KSL), Korean Language Programs for foreigners, Teaching Korean as a Foreign Language Program, Export and Support of KMU-KSL
- Foreign Language Center : Development of English Language Program(KMU-ESL), Foreign Languages Programs such as English, Chinese, Japanese, etc., Bridge Programs world-known universities
- Global Education Center : Academic degree and non-academic degree education programs for the foreigners, Professional Technology Education Program
- Development and operation of various educational programs → Participatory increase of foreign students
- Encouragement of active exchange between foreign and local students → Enhancement of KMU’s cultural diversity
- Cultivation of global leaders and contribution to the globalization of KMU